Included in the course-
1- Introduction to physical and chemical changes.
2- What is a chemical equation ?
3- Writing and balancing of chemical equations.
4- Different types of chemical reactions.
a) – Combination Reactions
b)- Decomposition Reactions
c)- Displacement or substitution reactions.
d)- Double displacement or double decomposition reactions.
Chemical change is any change that results in the formation of new chemical substances. At the molecular level, chemical change involves making or breaking of bonds between atoms. These changes are chemical:
- iron rusting (iron oxide forms)
- gasoline burning (water vapor and carbon dioxide form)
- eggs cooking (fluid protein molecules uncoil and crosslink to form a network)
- bread rising (yeast converts carbohydrates into carbon dioxide gas)
- milk souring (sour-tasting lactic acid is produced)
- suntanning (vitamin D and melanin is produced)